Chicken Parmesan from Scratch
Do you love homemade Chicken Parmesan? Frozen chicken parmesan is fast for an easy, weeknight dinner, but it doesn't taste that great. You can make baked chicken parmesan from scratch at home with this recipe. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.*
|Make Baked Chicken Parmesan from scratch.|
How to Make Homemade Baked Chicken Parmesan
Gather the chicken parm ingredients below. You can substitute fresh for a more gourmet feel, but canned and dried are just as good- especially for busy weeknights.
1 garlic clove
1 T. olive oil
1 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes*
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 t. dried basil
1/2 t. dried oregano
1/2 t. sugar
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
approx. 1/4 c. milk
approx. 1/2 c. Italian seasoned bread crumbs
olive oil for pan frying
4-6 oz. sliced Mozzarella cheese
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1. Make the sauce: In a large saucepan, heat 1 T. olive oil. Mince the garlic clove and add it to the hot oil. When the garlic begins to sizzle, add tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, oregano, sugar, salt, and pepper. Simmer until the sauce reaches the desired thickness.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Prepare the chicken:
a. Put chicken pieces between two pieces of plastic wrap. Pound the chicken until approx. 1/4-in. thick.
b. Put milk in one shallow dish and bread crumbs in a second dish. Start with a small amount of dry bread crumbs. Add to it as needed.
c. Dip each chicken breast in the milk, followed by the bread crumbs. Be sure to coat each side.
d. Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet. Add the chicken breasts. Saute until golden brown, turning once.
4. Put a small amount of sauce in the bottom of a 13X9-in. casserole dish*. Place chicken breasts in a single layer in the casserole dish. Cover with sauce. Place a layer of mozzarella cheese slices over chicken and top with parmesan cheese.
5. Bake in preheated oven until cheese is golden, approx. 15 min.
6. Prepare the pasta according to package directions. Serve with the chicken.
|Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe.|
Recipes from Kids Creative Chaos
ADS DISCLOSURE: We've partnered with some wonderful advertisers who may sponsor blog posts or send us samples to test. Some companies pay us to review their products. *We also use affiliate links, if you make a purchase we get a tiny commission. Kids Creative Chaos participates in the Amazon LLC Associates Program*, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a mean for blogs to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon properties, including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. We also offer Tapinfluence, Google Adsense, SoFab, and Izea ads here. Thanks so much for helping us keep the lights on! :)