Are you in charge of the Saint Patrick's Day festivities? Maybe you plan group activities for a church group, after-school program, nursing home, or a retirement home. If you are planning things to do for a St. Patrick's Day event, you've come to the right place. Whether you need nifty refreshments or fun food to make with the group, we've got a recipe. Play Leprechaun games, make a rainbow craft, or decorate with shamrocks- no matter what you choose be sure to make it fun with these 50 fun things to do. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
|50 Things to do for St. Patrick's Day.|
Ways to Celebrate Saint Patrick's Day
- Take a road trip to a local parade- if you don't like crowds, see if your community has a greening event. In downtown Indy, the day before the parade, they turn the canal green.
- Create gorgeous Paper Shamrock Party Decorations from Chicken Scratch NY.
|Paper Shamrock Craft is perfect for St. Patrick's Day Party Decor. Photo: Chicken Scratch NY.|
- Paint a rainbow, schedule a visit to a local pottery shop and paint a rainbow.
- Make a rainbow cup coaster.
- Holiday Home (Room or Apartment) Crawl for Seniors. (Think Progressive Dinner.)
- Play a Saint Patrick's Day themed Group Game.
- Make an Irish Dinner of Corned Beef Hash or Shepherd's Pie.
- Flower Pot & Rolo Pot of Gold Craft from Create Craft Love.
|Seniors or teenagers will enjoy crafting this pot of gold |
edible craft from Create Craft Love.
- Celebrate with a Rainbow Slushy.
- Dress Like a Leprechaun Contest.
- St. Patrick's Day Gift Idea, Lucky Pennies Cards, from Pumpkin Petunia.
|Lucky Penny Cards for St. Patrick's' Day from Pumpkin Petunia.|
- Make an Easy Shamrock Wand for an impromptu Parade.
- Sugar Rainbow Science Experiment from Steve Spangler Science.
|Sugar Rainbow Layering Science Experiment from Steve Spangler Science.|
- Learn math with this Leprechaun Math Game for Kids.
- Leprechaun Tangram Activity.
- Have an Irish Jig Dance-Off.
- Leprechaun Door Hanger Decoration.
- Make a Rainbow Layered Drink for Kids from Make and Takes.
- Cute paper Leprechaun from Craft Scraps.
- Saint Patrick's Day Party Ideas for Nursing Homes.
- Perform a Silly Leprechaun Skit.
- Make a Rainbow Cake Recipe from Betty Crocker.
|Rainbow Cake Recipe from Betty Crocker.|
- Make Leprechaun Cookies.
- Make Rainbow Graham Cracker Sandwiches.
- 17 St. Patrick's Day Appetizers.
- Check out these Saint Patrick's Day activities for Boys.
- 3D Paper Rainbow Craft by Crafty Morning.
|3D Paper Rainbow Craft by Crafty Morning.|
- Make a Leprechaun Banner for your desk or door knob.
- Make a Hand-print Leprechaun.
- Mini Grasshopper Pies.
- Rainbow Windchime Craft.
- Make a Paper Curl Leprechaun Wig to use in the Play above.
- Print out a Saint Patrick's Day Coloring Sheet.
- Create a Paper Rainbow Crown Hat from Small for Big.
|Paper Rainbow Crown Hat from Small for Big.|
- Leprechaun Hat from Cardboard Tube.
- 9 Leprechaun Trap Ideas.
- Saint Patrick's Day Stories for Kids.
- Melt Old Crayons to Make Rainbow Crayons in Fun Shapes.
- Fun Non-Alcohol Green Drink Recipes.
- Paint a Rainbow with Kool-Aid Scratch & Sniff Paint.
- Games for Parties for St. Patty's Day.
- Make Rainbow Roses. - Seniors will enjoy this one!
|Make Rainbow Roses like these from Ziploc.|
- Online Games to Play for Saint Patrick's Day.
- Make Homemade Green Pistachio Play Dough.
- Saint Patrick's Day Party Decorations.
- Rainbow Crafts from Red Ted Art.
- Rainbow Snack for After-school.
- Make this Irish Beer Cheese Soup Recipe.
- Saint Patrick's Day Twizzlers Rainbow Gift for Classroom.
- Paint your Fingernails for St. Paddy's Day!
Whew! That's a lot of things to do for St. Patrick's Day! What will you do? If you do something cool to celebrate, tell us about it in the comments. Add a link and we'll pin it to our Pinterest page.
ADS DISCLOSURE: We've partnered with some wonderful advertisers who may sponsor blog posts or send us samples to test. Some companies pay us to review their products. *We also use affiliate links, if you make a purchase we get a tiny commission. Kids Creative Chaos participates in the Amazon LLC Associates Program,* an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a mean for blogs to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon properties, including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. We also offer Tapinfluence, Google Adsense, SoFab, and Izea ads here. Thanks so much for helping us keep the lights on! :)