Healthy Recipe for Sloppy JoeNo one was home, so I had a chance to get crafty and healthy with my cooking. I love when that happens. So, what's in the fridge? My best Sloppy Joe Recipe. Beware, it's sneaky. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
|Sloppy Joe eats Sneaky Sloppy Joes (Clip Art).|
How to Make Healthy Sloppy Joe's at Home
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, expiring soon.
- Yesterday's Tomato Soup
- Cooked Carrots, Mashed
- 1 lb. Ground Pork/Turkey - trying to decide what to do with it for a couple of days.
- 1 lb. Ground Angus Beef - I bought for Sloppy Joe's, but not enough to feed everyone.
- 1 Can Sloppy Joe Sauce
- Brown Meat.
- Add hummus (or you could mash your own garbanzo beans/chick peas). This stretches the meat and feeds more people; it also sneaks in veggies.
- Stir well.
- Add tomato soup and mashed carrots.
- Again, stir well.
- Add canned sloppy joe sauce.
- Simmer over low heat.
This was so good. I had seconds. First on a bun, second with tortilla chips. Yum!
Recipes and Edible Art
Kids Creative Chaos Cooks: Kitchen Kids Series: Holiday Recipes*
The Sneaky Chef: Simple Strategies for Hiding Healthy Foods in Kids' Favorite Meals *
ADS DISCLOSURE: We've partnered with some wonderful advertisers who may sponsor blog posts or send us samples to test. Some companies pay us to review their products.
*We also use affiliate links, if you make a purchase we get a tiny commission. Kids Creative Chaos participates in the Amazon LLC Associates Program*, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a mean for blogs to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon properties, including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. We also offer Tapinfluence, Google Adsense, SoFab, and Izea ads here. Thanks so much for helping us keep the lights on! :)