Shredded Chicken Lasagna Recipe
Tired of hamburger casseroles? Are you craving Italian- try this easy shredded chicken lasagna recipe. It contains spinach and extra creaminess from an unexpected ingredient...spinach dip! Do you always have dip left over like we do? Tip: Instead of throwing you leftover dip away, add it to a casserole recipe in place of sour cream or ricotta cheese. Enjoy!
Share this image to Pinterest.
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience.
How to Make Easy Shredded Chicken Lasagna Recipe
Don't worry, making lasagna may seem daunting, but it is actually easy to make. If you can follow a recipe, you got this! Add a homemade loaf of bread that you make in the crock pot and your family will think you took a cooking class.
Share this image to Facebook.
|Shredded Chicken Recipes: How to Make Easy Chicken Lasagna.|
6 uncooked lasagna noodles
1.25 lb uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 oz. tomato sauce
6. oz. tomato paste
2 T. white wine (opt.)
1/2 c. water
1 c. sliced mushrooms (or more according to taste)
1/4. c. chopped onion
1/2 T. dried basil
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. garlic powder
1 c. cottage cheese
1/2 c. spinach dip
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper. Broil approx.15 minutes, turning once. Allow the chicken to cool until cool enough to handle. Shred with two forks. Drain noodles and set aside. Adjust oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large skillet, combine tomato sauce, tomato paste, white wine, and water. Mix well. Add chicken, mushrooms, and onion. Season with basil, salt, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 10-15 minutes, until onions are tender.
3. In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, spinach dip, Parmesan cheese, and egg.
4. To prepare shredded chicken lasagna, Coat the bottom of a 9 in. x 3 in. baking pan with 1/4 c. chicken mixture. Layer as follows: 3 lasagna noodles, half of cheese mixture, half of chicken mixture, half of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Cover with aluminum foil.
5. Bake, covered, at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes, or until golden.
Easy BLT Mac and Cheese Recipe
Get a Lasagna Pan
Glass Mixing Bowls
Follow us on Instagram to keep up to date daily.