Having a Hawaiian theme party? Try this Hawaiian Luau Pizza Recipe by Angie. It is easy to make, and more for grownups than the kiddos. Enjoy!
|Make a Hawaiian Pizza for your next Luau.|
Please excuse the huge chunks of pineapple, I bought the chunked pineapple and in the middle of the evening chaos around my house, I forgot to chop it up a little bit so decided to just go with it so the kids could start eating dinner before they started to complain and want to snack me out of house and home. lol.
Hawaiian Luau Pizza Recipe
1 pkg refrigerated thin crust pizza dough
1 12 oz piece deli ham (I just buy a package of diced ham)
2 green onions with tops, divided
1 large jalapeno pepper (I seed and remove ribs from mine to cut down on heat)
3/4 C ketchup
1 Tbsp Smoky Applewood Rub
1 garlic clove pressed
8 slices cheddar cheese (I just use shredded cheese)
3/4 C canned pineapple tidbits, drained
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Lightly brush Large Bar Pan with canola oil. Unroll dough in bottom of pan, gently stretching and pressing dough to cover bottom of pan.
- Bake 12-14 min or until deep golden brown.
- Meanwhile dice ham into 1/2 in pieces (if you chose not to buy already diced ham), thinly slice green onions; set aside the tops, finely chop the jalapeno using Food Chopper.
- Combine ham, onion bottoms, jalapeno, ketchup, rub and pressed garlic in Classic Batter Bowl and mix well. Stack cheese slices; cut in half diagonally for a total of 16 slices( unless using shredded cheese) using pizza cutter.
- Remove pan from oven to cooling rack. Evenly top crust with ham mixture, pineapple and cheese. Bake 5-6 min or until cheese is melted. Remove pan from oven to cooling rack and cut pizza into 16 slices and sprinkle with green onion tops.