How to Make Pan Fried Fish and Chips
Did you catch up a mess of fish? Maybe you just found a great deal at the fish market, er, grocery store. Either way, you'll need an easy recipe for homemade fish and chips. We've got it! In this recipe, Lisa shares how to make pan fried fish and chips at home. Enjoy!
Spring Break! My son had the opportunity to clean his first fish this week. And, I got the opportunity to cook them. Two big firsts for our nature-enjoying, convenience-loving family. This pan fried fish recipe was a hit for the fresh, black crappie. It would be good with your store bought fish, too. The homemade chips round out the meal.
|Homemade Fish and Chips Recipe.|
Spring Break Pan Fried Fish and Chips
almond flour (other flours may be used but all-purpose gets doughy)
Italian seasoned bread crumbs
Salt and pepper
Olive oil for frying
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
*2. Microwave large potatoes about half on the microwave recommended time. The potatoes should still be firm.
3. While potatoes are in the microwave, mix 1/2 c. parmesan cheese and 1 t. Italian seasoning in a large bowl.
4. After the potatoes have cooled to the touch, cut them into wedges.
5. Coat the potato wedges with the cheese mixture and transfer to a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Turn the potatoes and continue baking another 10 minutes.
1. Prepare 3 shallow dishes as follows:
a. Mix 1/2 c. almond (or other) flour, 1/2 t. salt, 1/4 t. pepper, and 1/2 t. ground mustard in one shallow dish. (Note: Depending on how much fish you have, you may need to make multiple batches. Make multiple batches, however, instead of doubling the size of the batches because the breading can get doughy after awhile.)
b. Add 1/4 c. milk to the second shallow dish.
c. Add 1/2 c. seasoned break crumbs to the third shallow dish.
2. Pour enough olive oil into a skillet to cover the bottom. Apply medium heat.
3. Coat each fish fillet in the flour mixture, followed by the milk, and finally the bread crumbs.
4. Fry the fish about 5-10 minutes until golden brown, turning once to cook both sides. Fish should flake easily. Add additional oil as needed.
ADS DISCLOSURE: We've partnered with some wonderful advertisers who may sponsor blog posts or send us samples to test. Some companies pay us to review their products. *We also use affiliate links, if you make a purchase we get a tiny commission. Kids Creative Chaos participates in the Amazon LLC Associates Program*, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a mean for blogs to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon properties, including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. We also offer Tapinfluence, Google Adsense, SoFab, and Izea ads here. Thanks so much for helping us keep the lights on! :)