Back to School Owl Theme Lesson and Decor
Whether you homeschool, teach in a brick and mortar school, or operate an after school or day care program, you should decorate the environment to make it inviting and soothing for your students. Back to school decorations are abundant. What fall classroom theme you choose likely depends on the age of your students. We've found nine fun owl ideas and themes to decorate your classroom like a pro. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links.
A popular fall theme for school is always the wise old owl. If you are planning an owl themed classroom to welcome the kids back to school, here are some great options to decorate your learning spaces and then start learning with owl curriculum.
- Owl Theme Classroom Decor from Oriental Trading. This "Owl About Me" poster makes a nice icebreaker for those early getting to know you days at the beginning of the school year. At 20" x 17," it is poster size and is great for back to school night display for parents or a fun writing lesson for homeschoolers.
- Another way to decorate with an owl theme, is to create your own owl classroom banner. Have each child make a cute paper owl in several color combinations and then string them up on the walls! Get details here: How to Make Owl Garland Banner.
|Paper Owl Banner Craft for Classroom.|
- Birthdays at school can be fun, be sure to let everyone know who's birthday is coming up next with this owl theme birthday bulletin board set from Amazon.
- Pair it with these 6" X 7.88" Owl cut outs buddies from Target.
- While you're at it, you can open with owl them curriculum. Below, we found owl coloring pages, owl unit studies, and more from TeacherSherpa. Check it out!
|Owl Coloring Page from Raising Our Kids found at TeacherSherpa.|
- This unit about Owls tells about the two owl families and various species of owls. Learn about common features, where they live, and their habitats. Mentioned owls are; elf, great gray, screech, great horned, burrowing, and snowy. Activity worksheets include; word find, word unscramble, criss-cross, spelling. Ideal for second through fifth grade science.
|Owl Thematic Unit from SchoolExpress found on TeacherSherpa.|
- We have a homeschool Ornithology lesson that teaches all about birds and works for older elementary and middle school students alike. If you are close to Indianapolis, take a field trip to Eagle Creek Park and visit the Earth Discovery Center and Ornithology Center.
- If you run an after school program or daycare or just want to do something extra fun with the class, try some edible art with an owl theme. This edible owl craft is easy to make and the biscuits are cute and yummy too!
- One of our all time most popular posts is this torn paper owl craft for preschoolers and early elementary. Do it with older school age kids as an owl art mosaic lesson. Older kids will enjoy this cupcake liner owl craft.
|Watch the paper owl art video.|
How's that for an owl classroom thematic unit? You're all set for a back to school theme and lesson on owls. Hope you have a great year!
Decorate Door with Adorable Owl Wreath Craft
Have you seen the owl cough medicine for kids?