Rustica Shrimp Pasta Recipe
This Shrimp Pasta Rustica Recipe is a kid pleaser because it tastes awesome (as my son put it). It's a mom pleaser because it is easy and healthy. In this easy weeknight dinner recipe, shrimp, tomatoes, mushrooms, and spinach are combined in a simple rustic sauce and served over pasta. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links.
How to Make Shrimp Rustica Recipe
1 T olive oil
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 c. chopped tomatoes
1/2 c. white cooking wine (or water)
1 c. sliced mushrooms
1 T. butter
salt and pepper to taste
8 oz. pasta, such as linguine or vermicelli
1 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp
1 t. Moroccan seasoning (Cajun seasoning would work)
1/2 c. frozen spinach, thawed
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add garlic; stir and cook for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and wine. Cover and cooking 15 min., stirring frequently. Add the mushrooms. Cook and additional 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Add small amounts of additional water if necessary. Add the butter; season with salt and pepper.
2. While the sauce is cooking, cook the pasta according to package directions.
3. While the sauce and pasta are cooking, season the shrimp with Moroccan or Cajun seasoning.
4. Add the shrimp and spinach to the sauce. Cook, stirring constantly until shrimp turns pink, approx. 5 minutes.
5. Serve shrimp and sauce over prepared pasta.
Baked Ravioli Recipe
BLT Mac and Cheese Recipe