This Scone Recipe is Easy to MakeFrench Scones. They sound so fancy schmancy, don't they? Whether you eat them as dessert or for breakfast, these Easy Cinnamon Scones are a special treat. This yummy scone recipe is flavored with chopped dates, nuts, cinnamon, and cloves. They are perfectly paired with your favorite coffee on a cold winter morning. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
How to Make Cinnamon Scones
2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2 T. brown sugar
4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. ground cloves
1/3 c. butter, cut into pieces
3/4 c. whipping cream
1/2 c. chopped dates
1/4 c. chopped nuts, walnuts or pecans are best
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Cut in butter, using a fork or pastry blender, until mixture resembles small peas.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs and whipping cream.
- Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Mix with a fork until mixture is just blended.
- Add dates and nuts.
- Work the dough with your hands just until the fruit is evenly distributed and the dough is nearly smooth. Overworking the dough will cause the scones to be tough.
- Pat the dough into an 8 inch pie pan until it fills the pan.
- Cut into 8-12 wedges.
- Place the wedges on an ungreased baking sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 13-15 min. at 400 degrees F.
|Easy Cinnamon Scones Recipe.|
More Recipes from Kids Creative Chaos
French Homeschool Lesson
ADS DISCLOSURE: We've partnered with some wonderful advertisers who may sponsor blog posts or send us samples to test. Some companies pay us to review their products. *We also use affiliate links, if you make a purchase we get a tiny commission. Kids Creative Chaos participates in the Amazon LLC Associates Program,* an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a mean for blogs to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon properties, including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. We also offer Tapinfluence, Google Adsense, SoFab, and Izea ads here. Thanks so much for helping us keep the lights on! :)