Make a cool Earth Day pin to celebrate your next multicultural program!Made with wooden buttons and yarn, even teens will enjoy this cute multicultural craft project for kids. Its got personality!
|Just paint wooden buttons and circles in different skin tones.|
Pin is made from a small wooden circle sold by the bag in craft stores. A gold pin back also sold by the bag in craft stores, Wooden Button Beads, Yarn, Tempera or Acrylic paints, Hot glue or Tacky Glue.
- Paint your circle to look like the Earth with beautiful blues and greens.
- After it dries, glue on the wooden buttons - as many as you like - we chose 3.
- Give each bead "hair" from yarn or embroiderery thread (craft doll hair scraps work too!)
- Use permanent markers to draw on faces, freckles, expressions.
- Remember to make each one different; paint the beads different skin tones.
- Lastly, affix the pin to the back with hot or tacky glue.
Kids can wear this in honor of a Multi-Cultural week or to celebrate Earth Day!
|Backing of multicultural, Earth Day pin.|
Change it up and put a magnet on the back for your locker or fridge.
The Adventures of a Plastic Bottle: A Story About Recycling (Little Green Books)*
More Earth Day Activities for Kids
Earth Day--Hooray! (MathStart 3)*
Earth Day (Robin Hill School)*