Stuck Inside on a Snowy or Rainy Day? Make staying at Home with the Kids a fun adventure with these Activities
In this list of 10 fun things to make at home, we've included something for boys, girls, preschooler, and teens. Kids of all ages will enjoy these fun activities to do inside on a rainy or snowy day! Best of all, you don't need a lot of fancy supplies or expert crafting skills.
1. Make a homemade lava lamp minus the light - but grab your flashlight to illuminate it. Click the link above to see a YouTube Tutorial. If you aren't so diy-iee or crafty try this kit from ALEX® Toys - Make your own Lava Lamp at Home.
|Make a Lava Lamp at home with a few supplies or use this kit from Alex Toys.|
2. Make Homemade Rainbow Slushies at home. Slushes, Slush, Slushy, Icee, whatever you call it - you can make a fun party one at home with popsicles!
|Make a slush drink at home for a birthday party.|
3. This Gift bag purse can be fun for little girls or teens. Do an extra good job, and it makes a great coin purse. So, for a fun teen birthday party activity recycle the gift bags and make purses for kids.
|Girls' Birthday Party activity to make at home.|
4. Cardboard Play Kitchen - Save Money and Make your own pretend stove at home.
5. Make a Homemade sleeping Mask like this one from Henry Happened.
|Want to know how to make a homemade sleeping mask? Click the link above. This is a great activity for a pre-teen or teen girl's birthday party.|
6. Make an Art Exhibit at Home How about having a an Art Exhibit at home. Have the kids each draw their favorite cartoon characters and place them on display. This is a fun Art Lesson for Kids.
|This is from Bunsella.com Use clay or markers to create your own art exhibit at home. Give the kids ribbons to vote for their favorite entry.|
7.Make your own Homemade Bath Crayons at home from Teach Beside Me
|See the link above to learn how to make these soap bath crayons from Teach Beside Me blog. The kids will love this fun bath time activity.|
8. That reminds me of our Fun Shaped Crayons in Soap/Candy Molds. Crayons are a fun thing to make at home.
|Make your own fun shaped crayons at home.|
9. Make Mini Cheeseburgers at home to eat after you craft up all of these other ideas!
10. You can make metal butterflies at home using Pop cans. butterflies for Mobile.
|Make metal butterflies like these from Gingerbread and Snowflakes.|
More fun things you can make at home
Homemade Doughnuts - you can make your own donuts at home. It is easy, fun, and affordable. We have 3 Doughnut Recipe posts.