Great Resource for Homeschoolers
Homeschooling help for parents: Looking for a great resource for homeschoolers? Our website offers many educational resources for homeschoolers. Below is a review of Varun's Quest a wonderful book for homeschoolers of any age. Keep scrolling because we've also added links to our favorite homeschool resources. Enjoy!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click and make a purchase, I get a small commission.
|Jake's Journey in Art includes Language Arts. |
Here he reads the beautifully illustrated Varun's Quest by Timothy Goldsmith.
Science Books for Homeschoolers
- We were given the opportunity to review Varun's Quest, which is a wonderful science book for homeschoolers. Varun's Quest is a fictional tale depicting non-fiction science. The story is fun to read aloud as a family or in a group setting with the ideal audience being 2nd - 5th grade. Older children will enjoy reading the story themselves and then sharing the details with "the class." The author of this creative tale, is Yale Biology Professor, Timothy Goldsmith. Get your copy here: Buy Varun's Quest.
An elf leads children through the story quest while he shares all about the science around us. It starts with an informative science lesson on bees. Jake, enjoys the way the stories unfold and likes that the stories are based on reality. Whenever he isn't sure about something, he Googles to find out more, so these stories have evolved into a full blown science curriculum. He'll write questions in his daily science journal and then look them up later on Google. What a great way to teach science to your homeschooler! For a fun activity, pair this book with Bee Movie.
We used the book as a catalyst for making scientific posters, doing science experiments, and of course, to practice creative writing.
- Our all time FAVORITE Science Books for Homeschoolers are the Life of Fred Science books. These books are great for kids of any age. Parents will enjoy them too. Anyone reading Life of Fred will learn something new!
- Gail Gibbons Encyclopedia Series are a wealth of information for anyone who enjoys reading. All of her books are beautiful illustrated. They cover science, history, and art. While these books may be at a higher reading level for early elementary students, younger children will enjoy looking at the pictures while listening to the stories.
- More Science Stories for Kids.
- Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers is a homeschool blog full of homeschool advice and curriculum.
- More Homeschooling Helps and Curriculum from Kids Creative Chaos.
- TeacherSherpa is a website that offers free printable worksheets in every subject.
- Teachers Pay Teachers is full of teacher created materials for teachers and homeschoolers.
- MobyMax is an online educational app for homeschooling with curriculum that adapts to your child's learning to find and fix gaps.
- Acellus Power Homeschool can be used as an app or as full school with access to teachers. Check out Acellus Curriculum for Homeschool Students. We currently use the middle school courses. There are lots of classes to choose from including music and art!
- For more homeschool resources follow us on Pinterest!